- Sandy Booth, 512-626-1339, email@example.com is available for meetups and home funeral workshops. For information go to meetup.com/home-funerals-green-burials.
- Eloise Woods Natural Burial Park, eloisewoods.com, Ellen Macdonald, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-796-5240. This is a natural green cemetery just east of the Austin airport.
- Countryside Memorial Park, Sunny Markham, email@example.com, facebook.com/CountrysideMemorialPark. This is a natural green and historical cemetery near San Antonio.
- Funeral Consumers Alliance of Central Texas, fcatx.org. This is a chapter of the national funerals.org organization. This organization helps you with your consumer rights and has excellent up-to-date information about funeral home prices.
- Swan Songs, swansongs.org, is an organization that fulfills musical wishes at the end of life at no charge to the family.
Home Funeral Checklist, a pdf document with instructions for holding home vigils and providing after-death care of the body.
More links to information for how to provide after-death care for a loved one. There are step-by-step manuals and also links to videos.
This page contains step-by-step instructions for filing the necessary forms in Texas. It is legal for you to do this part yourself, or you can hire a funeral director to do only this part and handle the other details yourself.