We offer month meetups, quarterly how-to workshops, and free private consultations. Read more below.
- Informal one-hour gathering hosted once a month in Austin, to discuss a variety of topics and answer questions of those in attendance related to home funerals, family-directed funerals and natural burial. We discuss funeral options that are environmentally considerate, reflect personal values, and and make economic sense. Visit webpage to sign up for Meetup notifications.
- Donna and Sandy hold workshops several times a year at various locations around Austin. Make sure you are on our mailing list if you would like to be notified of these events. Video of workshop_10-24-15
- They are available for private instruction as well if you would like to arrange a workshop for your friends and/or family. Travel to other locations is possible, if travel expenses are reimbursed.
- A $15-$20 donation is requested for attending workshops, but no one is ever turned away. The donation help to cover expenses incurred in doing this work, but letting people know about home funerals is the main priority.
Workshop Content (3-4 hours) This is a hands-on, experiential workshop where we practice providing after-death care to a body (a volunteer who acts as the deceased) and an in-home vigil. We will discuss what is required in terms of supplies and how to go about the step-by-step process. We allow plenty of time to have all your questions answered. Join us to learn:
Our workshops are how-to and hands-on . Participants practice optional after-death care of a body. Austin, Tx, 3-10-18
- What is a home funeral like?
- Is it legal?
- Is embalming necessary?
- What paperwork is required?
- What do I do when someone dies?
- Is this a good fit for my family?
- How can friends, family and community be involved and supportive?
- What is a green burial?
- Where are the green burial cemeteries in the area?
- We are available to talk with you one-on-one about your particular situation and what you may require. We do this as a service to the community so there are no fees although donations are appreciated. To schedule a time to talk, please contact Sandy Booth, 512-440-7979, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The information we share in our workshops can also be shared during a private consultation if requested.